Redsfest drew 20,118 fans to the Duke Energy Convention Center on December 4 and 5, an 11 percent increase over 2014. “We can’t thank Reds fans enough for making 2015 Redsfest one of our best yet,” said Phil Castellini, Reds Chief Operating Officer. “All Reds players, current and former alike, love Redsfest because it brings them together and allows them to interact with the fans.” Highlights from FOX Sports Ohio Redsfest presented by PNC Bank included:
• Over 80 current and former players, coaches, minor leaguers and broadcasters appeared including Brandon Phillips, Joey Votto, Jay Bruce, Todd Frazier, Billy Hamilton, Devin Mesoraco, Zack Cozart and Bryan Price, as well as Lou Piniella, Eric Davis and Greg Vaughn.
• The Redsfest Main Stage included game shows featuring Devin Mesoraco, Homer Bailey and other Reds players competing against teammates and lucky fans. Joey Votto, Jay Bruce and Billy Hamilton also took part in a kids-only press conference.
• Former University of Cincinnati quarterback Tony Pike teamed with minor league pitcher Tyler Mahle to win the Celebrity Wiffle Ball Home Run Contest.
• Redsfest Poker: Jeff Dale of Western Hills outlasted over 600 poker players to win first place and the $11,000 top prize in the 10th annual Prestige Audio Visual & Creative Services Reds Community Fund Celebrity Poker Tournament presented by Ashlee Fence
• Reds players fared well in the poker tournament with minor league catcher Kyle Skipworth placing fourth, while Devin Mesoraco and Todd Frazier placed 19th and 22nd respectively.
Photo galleries and video highlights from Redsfest can be found at reds.com.
Proceeds from Redsfest benefit the Reds Community Fund and its baseball-themed outreach programs.
Redsfest 2016 is scheduled for Dec. 2 and 3 at the Duke Energy Convention Center.